This page has moved to a new address.

Computer Woes

The Rich Writer: Computer Woes

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Computer Woes

Man, do I take my technological aids for granted! The past few weeks, I've been beset with computer woes--and they've completely disrupted my life. One dead laptop, a virus-infected desktop machine, a complete household network overhaul, and a living room rearrangement later, the end is finally in sight.

I feel exceptionally fortunate to be married to a guy who's not only a sweetheart, but is also a card-carrying computer geek.

On the plus side, 1) we've managed to recover almost all the files from my bucket-kicking laptop, and 2) the computer/network upheaval has resulted in the closest thing to an office that I've had in a long time. We purchased a lovely little desk off Craigslist (defintely the best furniture supply store for the cash-strapped writer) and a big piece of privacy lattice from Home Depot, and voilà! My living room corner transformed into a cozy writing nook!




Now that I have a working computer, blogging will be a whole lot easier again. iPhones are great, but they aren't as good for blogging as a plain old computer!

-- Cheryl :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home