This page has moved to a new address.

Favorite iPhone Apps for Writers

The Rich Writer: Favorite iPhone Apps for Writers

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Monday, June 8, 2009

Favorite iPhone Apps for Writers

Getting back to those favorite iPhone Apps, I have a few more to highlight:irecvoicerecorder_thumbnail

  • iRec is a digital recorder for the iPhone. I like that I can choose 3 different recording qualities. It’s also easy to navigate between and within a recording.

    Although the iPhone version of a digital recorder isn’t really better than my little handheld recorder, I always carry it with me so it’s available when I have a sudden thought while walking or on the road. Plus, I can email recordings from my iPhone, which I can’t do from my standard recorder. 
blogpress
  • BlogPress is an easy-to-use blogging application for the  iPhone. It’s great for quick, on-the-fly blog posts, although it won’t ever replace my laptop and Windows Live Writer, simply because it’s so much easier to type and edit on a larger screen with a real keyboard. BlogPress is compatible with multiple blogging platforms.

 

  • toodledo Toodledo is my favorite to-do list  program—by a slim margin over another, called Things. Both let you sort tasks by project and due date. Things has a prettier interface for the iPhone that I find slightly more intuitive than Toodledo’s interface; but Toodledo stores your data online, so you can access your lists using a web interface. Toodledo will also sync with MS Outlook, another plus in my book.

Since no list of a writer’s favorite iPhone apps would be complete without games, I’ll cover those later this week!

:) Cheryl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home