This page has moved to a new address.

Favorite iPhone Apps for Writers: the Creative Whack Pack

The Rich Writer: Favorite iPhone Apps for Writers: the Creative Whack Pack

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Favorite iPhone Apps for Writers: the Creative Whack Pack

whackOver the years, I’ve used lots of creativity sparkers, writing prompts, idea generators, and so on—and this is different. Roger von Oech's Creative Whack Pack addresses core creativity issues and helps you come up with new ways to think about problems. Although I use the Whack Pack as an iPhone app, it was (and still is) originally available as an actual, hold-it-in-your hands deck of cards. 

 

ideasThe Creative Whack Pack consists of 64 cards, each describing a different creative thinking strategy. For instance, one strategy is “Look Somewhere Else.” The card highlights the concept that when you’re looking for new ideas, you won’t find them in the same old places.

Each card also includes questions to help you apply the concepts to your particular problem.

I bought the Creative Whack Pack as a writing tool, but I find I use it whenever I have a tricky problem to consider. By going through a “creative workshop”, I’m forced to look at problems from new angles, consider new solutions. Afterward, I always have new ideas to try.

Whether or not you have an iPhone, I’d consider getting a copy of these cards. They’re a great way to keep your mind sharp and stimulate creative thinking!

:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 2, 2009 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting--I'd not heard of this one before!

 
At June 3, 2009 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Let me know if you try it!

Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home