This page has moved to a new address.

Postpartum for writers?

The Rich Writer: Postpartum for writers?

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Monday, December 15, 2008

Postpartum for writers?

Well, it's done. I've officially sent my baby--Juggling the Keystone--out into the wide, wide world. It feels a bit weird. For months, it seems, I've been re-reading transitions and openings and action scenes, studying the text for flow, continuity, voice, sensory details, typos, punctuation, clarity, and so on...and now, I'm setting it all aside for a while. Weird.




What's the best cure for writers' postpartum blues? (Or is it postpartum confusion?) My ideas:


  • Start another project (always a favorite)
  • Xena the Warrior Princess (which I'm just watching for the first time. Wow, what a fun show!)
  • Crochet
  • Wrap Christmas gifts, do laundry, and otherwise catch up on housework
  • Read
  • Doc Martens
  • Catch up on other projects
  • Make snow angels
  • Sanctioned procrastination
Any suggestions?


:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home