This page has moved to a new address.

The 4-Hour Workweek

The Rich Writer: The 4-Hour Workweek

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The 4-Hour Workweek


I know, I know: this 4-Hour Workweek book sounds like total hype. In fact, it's the kind of book I wouldn't even read if it weren't that half a dozen people I respect have recommended it to me. I started it, I confess, with the predisposition to dismiss it as so much sales-talk garbage.

But. It turns out that this book is hitting the crux of some things I've been considering lately. I've been asking myself some tough questions, questions like:
  1. Is it the best use of my time to kidnap, hug, throw Jedis at people, etc., on Facebook?

  2. When does blog reading move beyond a helpful tool for keeping up with the industry and connecting with other writers--and move into a time sink?

  3. Why do I blog?

  4. Whatever that reason is, am I accomplishing that purpose?

  5. What about this Comment Challenge ? Is it a valuable way to build community or an insidious waste of time?

Sigh. I'm afraid that I'm offending bloggers, Facebook-ers, and writers everywhere, but when a writer has exceptionally limited time (isn't that most of us?) how much of our time should we spend on Internet connection?

Please--all thoughts and opinions are welcome.

~Cheryl


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home