This page has moved to a new address.

The Comment Challenge

The Rich Writer: The Comment Challenge

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Comment Challenge

Last week, bloggers Mother Reader and Lee Wind began a Comment Challenge for fellow bloggers. I jumped in this week--better late than never--and it's been a valuable experience. Not exactly what I expected, but valuable.

The purpose of the Comment Challenge is to encourage community among writers and bloggers. To network. I love that idea. The question is, is that what I'm accomplishing by posting more comments on more blogs? I'm still deciding. Here's what I've noticed so far:
  1. I'm reading a lot more blogs. (Yay!)

  2. I'm posting on my own blog less frequently! (Bummer)

  3. By commenting on others' blogs, I'm drawing readers to try out this one. (Yay!)

  4. This takes a lot of time. (Bummer)

  5. I'm discovering some blogs that I love. (Yay!)

  6. ...but my list of unread blogs in Google Reader is growing faster than I can read them. (Crimeny!)

Maybe the key, for me, will be a happy medium. Hmm. I'm sounding like my mother!


But then, she turned out to be a pretty smart lady after all.


:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home