This page has moved to a new address.

The W26T3 Strain*, cont.

The Rich Writer: The W26T3 Strain*, cont.

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The W26T3 Strain*, cont.

Yat-Yee tagged me with this crazy (but fun) survey/note/whatever-it’s-called a few weeks ago. Here goes!

1) What's the last thing you wrote? What's the first thing you wrote that you still have?

A YA fantasy/paranormal (I haven’t decided which it is, yet.) Part of a book titled BUTTERSCOTCH HILL, all about a girl who finds a family of little people living in her dollhouse. Coincidentally, THE BORROWERS was one of my favorite books at the time….

2) Write poetry?

A little.

3) Angsty poetry?

Nope.

4) Favorite genre of writing?

YA and MG, fantasy and contemporary….that’s one genre, right?

5) Most annoying character you've ever created?

The Lord of Darkness. (Yes, that was really his name. He had no discernable motivation beyond feeling evil. Hey, what can I say? I was in 7th grade….)

6) Best plot you've ever created?

The one I’m currently working on, of course :)

7) Coolest plot twist you've ever created?

The unexpected sister. Or the bear falling through the skylight, although I had help with that one.

8) How often do you get writer's block?

Writer’s what?

9) Write fan fiction?

Nope.

10) Do you type or write by hand?

Both.

11) Do you save everything you write?

Pretty much. Just in case. I’ve stopped saving all the printouts, though, in the interest of regaining some much-needed closet space.

12) Do you ever go back to an idea after you've abandoned it?

Nope. I have too many other ideas waiting in line!

13) What's your favorite thing you've ever written?

That depends. What am I writing right now?

14) What's everyone else's favorite story you've written?

Depends who you ask.

15) Ever written romance or angsty teen drama?

Yes, altho my definition of romance seems to be a bit tamer than the rest of the world’s.

16) What's your favorite setting for your characters?

Caves. I mean mountains. Or the ocean. Or what about underwater caves?

17) How many writing projects are you working on right now?

Rewriting current YA, polishing MG fantasy, working on NF book proposal, polishing NF science book for kids, drafting another kids’ NF science book….have I ever mentioned that I have focus issues?

18) Have you ever won an award for your writing?

Yes. They made me very happy :-)

19) What are your five favorite words?

Do I only get five? Here are a few of my current favorites:

  • floccinaucinihilipilificator (because I had to go on a treasure hunt to discover the meaning)
  • steotopygia (because it just sounds so cool)
  • bracelet (used as a verb)
  • undulate (I love the way it sounds)

20) What character have you created that is most like yourself?

Um…is this a trick question?

21) Where do you get your ideas for your characters?

Pretty much everywhere.

22) Do you ever write based on your dreams?

Not usually, but occasionally a great idea will present itself.

23) Do you favor happy endings?

Definitely! Why do you think I write for children?

24) Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write?

Not usually, although it does occasionally distract me :).

25) Does music help you write?

No! But it helps me get in the mood *before* I write.

26) Quote something you've written. Whatever pops in your head.

To quote Yat-Yee, “Uh...” Nothing springs to mind!

*Dubbed the Write 26 Things and Tag 3 People strain by Yat-Yee Chong. I’m now supposed to tag 3 people, but most of the folks I know have already been tagged. Any takers?

:-) Cheryl

2 Comments:

At January 3, 2010 at 11:44 AM , Blogger Yat-Yee said...

Thanks for playing, Cheryl. It's fun to find out more about you this way!

 
At January 3, 2010 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Thanks for tagging me :). It was fun to do! And fun to read your answers, too...cooking? kung fu? I'm sensing some fun themes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home