This page has moved to a new address.

New Year’s Resolutions

The Rich Writer: New Year’s Resolutions

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year’s Resolutions

1208566_27300389 Depending on your source, somewhere between 40 and 70% of Americans will make New Year’s Resolutions this year…and most of those resolutions won’t be kept. Do you make resolutions?

I find that resolutions can give me focus for the year ahead, help me stay on track when I get busy and distracted (usually somewhere around January 12.)

At the start of 2009, one of my critique group members collected resolutions from everyone. Did I make them all? No. But I definitely pushed harder in my writing life last year, knowing I’d have to report back to my writing buddies at the end of the year!

What resolutions will challenge you to grow as a writer in the New Year? A resolution to write every day for 20 minutes? To read a book a week? To attend a conference or retreat?

There’s an art to creating resolutions to inspire rather than backfire. For more info and insight, check out these resources:

Good luck, and happy 2010!

:) Cheryl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home