This page has moved to a new address.

A problem of schedules

The Rich Writer: A problem of schedules

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Monday, November 9, 2009

A problem of schedules

The problem with schedules…is that theoretically, I have this lovely writing schedule, with time set aside for fiction, nonfiction, lunch, exercise, and admin stuff (you know, like typing up the fiction from the day before’s writing.) It looks very practical and useful.

But if I start my day by writing fiction, I tend to get on a roll, and then I don’t want to let go of it, so I write through my scheduled times for lunch, exercise, and nonfiction writing. By then I’m so exhausted that I need a break—which eats up my time for admin.

If I start something else first, though, I don’t ever GET to the fictino writing.

Ah, well. If something’s really really important, I can always start it first. I do usually get to the FIRST thing on my list. And meanwhile, I would rather have too many wonderful things in my life than too few!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home