This page has moved to a new address.

First Drafts: what to do with rewrite suggestions

The Rich Writer: First Drafts: what to do with rewrite suggestions

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Friday, October 30, 2009

First Drafts: what to do with rewrite suggestions

If you’ve stopped by here of late, you know I’ve spent the past few days at a writing retreat where I’ve received feedback on some of my writing. Most of that feedback was on my latest WIP, VOICE, the story of teenage Cass and her father as they return to the island where her mother was murdered twelve years before.

san juan1

I’m about a third of the way through the first draft and have cranked out a LOT of pages over the past week. Now, I have some terrific feedback on the first 40 pages from several different authors, editors, and agents (and yes, an offer of representation even, but I told him I was already taken, Gary.)

Writing question of the day: what the heck do I do now? Do I continue to plow forward with the first draft, to get it out? Or do I sacrifice my forward momentum to incorporate comments while they’re still fresh in my mind, laying a firmer foundation for the pages that follow?

:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home