This page has moved to a new address.

Words flowing like...mud?

The Rich Writer: Words flowing like...mud?

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Words flowing like...mud?

Sometimes my WIP flows from my pen like water, each word anxious to escape to the page. Sometimes, though, the words more ooze onto the page.

Today is such a day.

I guess that's not totally accurate--I can rapidly write the wrong words, but I'm lost the story's emotional thread, so they come out flat and lifeless. So...I'm stepping back in story-time, re-brainstorming my main character's mood in scene, re-brainstorming the key elements of plot, character development, and theme that need to emerge, and re-brainstorming the logical progression of scene events.


It's working, but very slowly. There are too many distractions in my head.


Oh, well. The work I put in today will set the stage for tomorrow...when hopefully I'll have built up enough momentum that the words will spout! If all goes well, I may finish draft 1 of my Peru book this week. That will definitely be cause for celebration!


:) Cheryl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home