This page has moved to a new address.

Summer endings and beginnings

The Rich Writer: Summer endings and beginnings

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer endings and beginnings

Summer's coming to an end where I live. The weather's still gorgeous--more gorgeous than it's been, in fact, since the temp's decided to quit setting record highs. But school is right around the corner, school year programs are starting back up, and we're busy with those last minute preps we make every year just before life kicks back into high gear.

I have mixed feelings about the turn of months this year. I've been enjoying some lazy days without schedules, when I get extra time with kids and books (and a new puppy! Hurray!) I've been enjoying the weather that permits long evening walks and bike rides, often ending with the lure of our local ice cream shop. (What can I say? My family works for food....) In between the lazy days have been plenty of busy ones when the kids went to camp and I went to the local coffee shop to dive into the latest writing project. In many ways, I'm not ready to click life's metronome up to a faster speed.

But...but, at the same time, I'm looking forward to cooler weather, the thrill of acting (I play a continuing character in my church's children's ministry), donning wool shawls, burning candles with spicy autumn scents, crocheting long fuzzy scarfs. And I'm looking forward to spending more time on the projects of my heart, the books and stories that don't have an immediate promise of a paycheck. :-)

Many writers have different writing styles to fit the different seasons of the year--or seasons of their lives. Maybe I'm at the golden spot: I'm enjoying the current season enough that I'm sorry to see it go, but I'm looking forward to all that the next season will bring.

Happy writing!

Cheryl

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home