This page has moved to a new address.

Question of the day: how will I avoid procrastinating?

The Rich Writer: Question of the day: how will I avoid procrastinating?

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Question of the day: how will I avoid procrastinating?

I'm collecting inspiration! Here are a few recommended anti-procrastination techniques:
  • 30 min. unbreakable appointments (hourglass optional)--from Claudia Mills

  • Butt-in-Chair--Jane Yolen, Take Joy

  • BIC HOK TAM--Book-in-a-Week (Butt in chair, hands on keyboard, typing away madly; http://www.book-in-a-week.com/)

  • Permission to write a *$!#$! first draft (even if it's a first draft of a rewritten scene)--Anne Lamott, Bird By Bird

  • Short assignments--Heather Sellers, Page After Page

  • Don't fear finishing--Eric Maisel, Fearless Creating

  • Remove to a coffee shop or library with naught but the WIP--Cheryl (moi). Sometimes escaping distractions is the best solution.

Now, I need to crochet another few rows with my pretty new yarn....NOT!

:) Cheryl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home