This page has moved to a new address.

Week 2 Challenge Check-In

The Rich Writer: Week 2 Challenge Check-In

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 2 Challenge Check-In

I just finished week 2 of my personal end-of-year challenge to get exercising again, and I confess discouragement. A nasty cold/sore throat has set up house in my chest, leaving me totally wiped out. So…exercise? Not happening so much. My personal rule of thumb: if I get exhausted walking up a half flight of stairs, I don’t work out. (Radical, I know.)

On the plus side, I’m still working on that exercise habit by spending the time every day.

Thoughts of exercise are now firmly linked to the desired trigger. I get up early, write an hour or so on my fiction WIP, and then go down to my little exercise area. I hold to the hope that someday soon, I will go down there and lift weights again, because I was just starting to have fun with it!

Patience: it is *not* my best thing! (Yes, I know. I’m in the wrong profession, but what else can I do? I’ve got this writing bug bad.)

WEEK 3 GOAL (same as week 2): Continue to spend at least 20 minutes each morning lifting weights, riding the exercise bike, or doing yoga. (Or, if sick, a gentle walk or meditation will do as a substitute.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home