This page has moved to a new address.

Iced Toddy, anyone?

The Rich Writer: Iced Toddy, anyone?

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Iced Toddy, anyone?

I made the mistake of trying a new drink at the coffee shop this afternoon: an iced toddy. It’s coffee, sort of, but brewed for a very long time in some special way that means it’s very low acid. The result is exceptionally yum.

It’s also super-duper caffeinated, which means that here I am, at 11:40 at night, with visions of characters, quirks, and plot twists dancing about in my head. Oh, well. There are worse ways to spend a late night. I’ll just be tired tomorrow, which could be problem because…I’ve gotten a last-minute invite to join the lovely Cicily Janus at the May 2010 Writing Away Retreat (as opposed to the June retreat, which is in Australia…!) I didn’t think I’d be able to go, but through a combination of favorable winds and flexible family, I get to head west tomorrow.

house

I’m leaving first thing in the morning. Right after packing. And shopping. And, oh yeah, that oil change. but then—then, there will be no stopping this writer on her way to Breckenridge for some serious writing and retreating.

:) Cheryl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home