This page has moved to a new address.

Proven Remedies for the Mailbox Haunt

The Rich Writer: Proven Remedies for the Mailbox Haunt

The Rich Writer

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Proven Remedies for the Mailbox Haunt

My current favorite remedies for writing-related waiting:
  • Start a new project
  • Read a great book (such as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, The Haunting of Freddy, and The Supernaturalist, by JK Rowling, Dietlof Reiche, and Eion Colfer, respectively)
  • Corral guinea pigs while they munch on the lawn
  • Get busy with other work (for me that means editing some proposals for a biotech company)
  • Take a hike (hey, I live in Colorado--what can I say?)
  • Smell all the essential oils at our local natural foods store (current favorites--tangerine and pine needle)

Sometimes life keeps me too busy to write. Sometimes life is the source of what I write. Sometimes life helps me survive the fact that I write! As Jane Yolen says, sometimes it's time to stop and kiss the grandbabies. I don't have any grandbabies yet--guess I'll have to grab those guinea pigs....

~Cheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home